We at Notre Dame Catholic Primary School recognise the importance of the whole community and particularly, the role of parents in the education of our children. As a school community, we hold the following beliefs:
For Our Children
- We believe in fostering a nurturing environment in which each child feels special and grows in self esteem.
- We believe and accept the values of each individual and create an environment in which people are respected and supported.
- We believe that all children can learn and deserve equal access to a full education.
- We believe that love of learning should be nurtured as a lifelong process.
- We believe that critical thinking skills should be taught to enable children to resolve conflicts, make decisions, and identify and solve problems.
- We believe in fostering resilience in our children.
- We believe that at our school we should all appreciate differences and celebrate our diversity.
- We believe in acknowledging and recognising different cultural backgrounds of our children and their family.
For Our Teachers
- We believe we challenge our young people to live the ‘dream’ of Jesus and become prophets of their own existence.
- We believe in providing a welcoming, supportive and nurturing environment, embracing Gospel beliefs and values.
- We believe in being professional, organised and punctual.
- We believe in sharing new beginnings and opportunities that lead to positive, constructive change and life-long learning.
- We believe in facing challenges with confidence and solve problems in a positive manner.
- We believe in sharing our faith, gifts and talents.
- We believe in open and honest communication.
- We believe we never underestimate the influence we have on the lives of the children.
- We believe in having high expectations for our students.
- We believe in a spirit of service invests whatever we do with excellence.
- We believe in being adaptable and flexible.
For Our School Community
- We believe as a Catholic family, we will share new beginnings and opportunities that lead to positive, constructive change and life-long learning, with Our Lady as our guide.
- We believe in acting with Love.
- Working together we nurture and support both staff and families to develop a sense of belonging.
- We believe that community participation in our school should be encouraged.
- We believe that mutual respect, trust, citizenship, and good communication with the community are vital.
- We believe that when parents are involved in their children’s education, students, teachers and parents all benefit.
- We believe in a willingness to help others.
- We believe in using our gifts and talents to make a difference.
- We believe all people are respected regardless of colour, gender and ability.