Notre Dame Catholic Primary School is a Parish School and exists to further the mission of the Church. It is not a private school. In meeting the Mandate of the Bishops, at Notre Dame Catholic Primary School we attempt to make Catholic education available to all Catholic children, in so far as possible. Preference is given therefore, to Catholics who witness the Catholic faith in their home and who participate regularly in the life of a worshipping community.
An application for enrolment form must be completed, as fully as possible, for every child enrolled. Provision for bookings for children to be enrolled in future years is available. However, before an application can be considered, the following conditions must be met:
- Parents/guardians are required to complete, in full, the enrolment form.
- Parents/guardians must provide Birth and Baptismal Certificates, Parish Priest reference and immunisation records
- Parents/guardians attend an interview with the Principal.
During the interview:
- The Catholic/religious focus and priority of the school is outlined.
- The learning/social and any specials needs of the child/ren are discussed.
- Parents/guardians must be prepared to accept the conditions of enrolment fully in respect to each and every child.
Whilst an offer of a position is at the discretion of the Principal, the Principal takes into consideration the following:
- applicants whose parents have demonstrated a concern for the religious development of their child.
- applicants who, in the estimation of the Principal, are likely to benefit most from enrolment at the school.
Priority is given to applicants in the following order in accordance with Catholic Education Commission policy:
- Catholic students from the Notre Dame Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students
- Siblings of non-Catholic children currently at the school
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other non-Catholic students
The final result of the interview is at the discretion of the Principal who is responsible for implementing the school enrolment policy. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the reasons for decision regarding offers of places.
Once a position has been offered, parents/guardians are required to complete and return the Confirmation of Enrolment Form to the Administration Officer with originals of the student’s Birth Certificate, Baptism Certificate, Parish Priest reference, immunisation records, and any court order pertaining to the custody of the child (if applicable), together with the non- refundable Application Fee of $35.00. Further information regarding your child’s placement will be forwarded once this Confirmation of Enrolment has been received.